Therapyhub.eu legal information is listed below. New clients will receive a copy of the terms and conditions (known as the “counselling agreement”) to sign before starting work together.
Client Terms & Conditions
Clients will be sent a copy of our counselling agreement to read and sign before startring work together. Below is a summary of this document.
Please read and ensure you understand and agree to all the points in this document, as they form an important part of our working relationship. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with me before signing this agreement or paying for your first session.
1. Your eligibility for therapy with me
• You are 18 years of age or older and you are not a resident of, nor do you reside in, the USA or Canada.
• You understand that I do not provide an emergency service – this includes providing any contact outside of sessions beyond administrative factors such as payments and scheduling. For any mental health emergency or crisis, you agree to immediately contact an appropriate service such as your GP, local hospital, or emergency services.
• Due to most of our communications outside of sessions taking place by email, you must have your own private email address that cannot be accessed by anyone else.
2. Sessions, Bookings, Rescheduling & Cancelations
• Fees are agreed in writing by email and paid in advance of the session start time by bank transfer. I review fees twice a year and will notify you at least four weeks in advance of any changes to fees.
• Sessions are for 50 minutes. If you are late for a session, it will still need to finish on time.
• Sessions take place on the same day at the same time each week, unless agreed otherwise.
• If you are unable to attend a session please let me know as soon as possible by sending an email to [email protected]. Once a counselling session is confirmed, I am committed for that session time. Should you need to cancel a session for any reason, I require 72 hours’ notice. If you do not provide 72 hours’ notice, or if you miss a session, or fail to send an email therapy message on the agreed day, you will be asked to cover the fee(s) in full.
• If I cancel a session with less than 72 hours’ notice, you will be entitled to reschedule and receive a discount on a subsequent session.
• You agree to attend sessions free from alcohol and non-prescribed drugs. You agree keep me informed about any past or present medical prescriptions and medication/drug use.
• We will have a review in the fourth session. This will give us both the opportunity to reflect on how counselling is progressing for you, and to evaluate whether how our work together is meeting your needs and therapeutic aims. Thereafter reviews will take place every ten sessions, though you can ask for a review at any time.
• Neither of us will record the session. Please be mindful that devices such as Google Assistant, Siri or Alexa may record what you say without your awareness. For this reason, it is helpful to ensure any smart devices with a microphone are turned off during a session.
• Please remember that our emails/messages form a permanent record of our communications. For this reason, you are strongly invited to create a separate, private, secure, email/messaging account for the purpose of therapy.
3. Professional Code of Ethics
• I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). My registration number is 375157 and you can view the status of my registration at http://www.bacp.co.uk/. I abide by their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions, which you can download from the BACP website.
• In the event of a complaint or concern about my work, please speak to me or send me an email. If this does not resolve the issue, or you feel unable to do this, please contact the BACP who offer a formal complaints process.
4. Confidentiality and the privacy of your data
• I provide a private, respectful and confidential counselling service and consider the security of your personal information to be one of my highest priorities. It is essential you conduct your sessions from a space where you will not be accompanied, monitored, disturbed, overheard or overlooked.
• I do not share the content of our sessions or the fact that you are engaged in counselling. However, there are some situations where it may be necessary to share the information I hold about you and our sessions. This includes:
o Where there is a legal obligation
o When I believe you or someone else is at serious and immediate risk of harm
o During clinical supervision
o In the event of a complaint
o If I refer you to another professional for help
5. Attending Sessions Online
• I offer counselling online using webcam, voice-over-internet, messaging or email. I do not offer in-person sessions. You understand that online has differences, advantages and limitations compared to in-person sessions.
• For webcam sessions, you will need a headset with a microphone, a good internet connection and a device capable of using the software listed below.
• For webcam, voice and messaging sessions, will be asked to install software prior to booking a session. If you cannot install and/or run the following software, you should not book an online therapy session until you can find a suitable internet-connected device:
o Google Workspace Meet (https://meet.google.com)
o Zoom (https://www.zoom.us/)
o Signal (https://signal.org/)
• You or I may encounter technical issues that delay our session or prevent it from taking place using our chosen method. Should this happen, you agree to use an alternative method of communication or an alternative application, to ensure the session can continue.
• I respect your digital privacy. I will not look up any social media profiles, blogs, posts or online activity that may exist about you, or those of people you mention in your sessions. For this reason, I will not accept contact requests from you through any form of social media.
• Please access your sessions using a device with the latest software and security updates, including anti-virus software. You agree to let me know if you have any concerns about your device, software or internet connection security.
6. Ending therapy
• We will have as many sessions as are helpful to support your therapeutic aims. I invite you to share your intention to end therapy at the earliest opportunity, so we can work towards a helpful ending. However, you can end therapy at any time without committing to a minimum, or fixed, number of sessions.
• I work with your best interests at heart. If I recognise that I lack the appropriate skills or expertise to continue to support you, or identify that my approach is not the most appropriate for your needs, I will make you aware of this. We will then discuss further options for ongoing psychological support before ending our work together.
• You understand that positive outcomes in therapy are not guaranteed and though many people report a course of therapy to be helpful, some people experience no improvement, or a worsening of their situation.
Éditeur du site :
William Smith, 56000 Vannes, [email protected], +33695040595.
SIREN : 847789195
Le site internet est hébergé en U.E. par :
RackNerd LLC 900 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, United States. +1 888-881-6373.